scientology-reviews-logo

NOTICE: This non-commercial website is NOT affiliated with the Church of Scientology (link).

homeWHERE TO GET HELP: There are now two avenues for Scientology services. Find out what to expect and what...

Most Reviewed Programs

Most Helpful Program Reviews

Reviewed by constant vigilance
"The GAT (Golden Age of Tech) invalidated auditors who were..."

Reviewed by Thoughtful
"In 2008 a friend who was at the Int base..."

Reviewed by Izhar
"This was the worst criminal activity one could expect in..."

Reviewed by Martin Padfield
"For all the pros and cons, the fact is the..."

Reviewed by Maurice
"The six month check for individuals on OT7 is a..."

"My comments are as stated above. Disconnection done by..."

"I have been invalidated and brow beat and crushed many..."

Reviewed by scientology2.0
"GAT was supposed to bring auditor training to a whole..."

Reviewed by Paul Adams
"At the end of 2007 I did a word-by-word, page-by-page..."

Reviewed by eagle
"People associate with each other, and decide to disassociate at..."

Review Detail

David Miscavige Programs
November 04, 2012    
When the Golden Age of Tech was announced I was thrilled, and I remember a friend of mine and I embraced excitedly believing we now could become the auditors we wanted to be. I always had uncertainty about HOW to drill and GAT gives a very definite procedure both on how to drill and for how long. I went up through OT IV during Tech's so-called Golden Age. And I did have wins both in the drilling (when you get through each drill, it is a win) and in auditing on the OT levels. But in retrospect, I realized that the GAT drills are a way of getting around the real understanding of what you are doing. My perception, from review auditing and an intensive I got at AO in 2013, auditing has become more rote and robotic, which is not surprising considering that you drill a scripted drill over and over. The drills are also presented at the reference instead of going back to the original LRH materials.

When I was on lines at the Orange County org, in 2010-2012, there were 2 people, a married couple, on the levels. OC used to be a booming org. GAT is another example, I think the biggest example, of Miscavige trying to position himself as Source.
Overall rating 

Needed 

Helpful 

Reviewed by Jenni September 14, 2014
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (5)

GAT drills

When the Golden Age of Tech was announced I was thrilled, and I remember a friend of mine and I embraced excitedly believing we now could become the auditors we wanted to be. I always had uncertainty about HOW to drill and GAT gives a very definite procedure both on how to drill and for how long. I went up through OT IV during Tech's so-called Golden Age. And I did have wins both in the drilling (when you get through each drill, it is a win) and in auditing on the OT levels. But in retrospect, I realized that the GAT drills are a way of getting around the real understanding of what you are doing. My perception, from review auditing and an intensive I got at AO in 2013, auditing has become more rote and robotic, which is not surprising considering that you drill a scripted drill over and over. The drills are also presented at the reference instead of going back to the original LRH materials.

When I was on lines at the Orange County org, in 2010-2012, there were 2 people, a married couple, on the levels. OC used to be a booming org. GAT is another example, I think the biggest example, of Miscavige trying to position himself as Source.

Where I stand on key issues

I am a
Independent Scientologist
The leader of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, is a...
Suppressive person (sociopath)

Pros and Cons (optional)

Pros
In retrospect, I can't think of any pros.
Cons
Encourages a robotic approach to auditing.
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account