David Miscavige is responsible for creating a flurry of fraudulent programs within the Church of Scientology all designed to take advantage of Scientologist's trust to generate donations of large sums under false pretenses. Those campaigns include,
- Collectible ASI prints — generated huge donations for virtually worthless prints
- Super Power building donation campaign — off-Source donation campaign for a building that was never needed and a rundown that is only for staff
- IAS — generated huge donations for worthless statuses and a photo shaking hands with an arch crook
- International Events — got Scientologists to purchase books they mostly already owned
- 6 month checks — huge cash cow and 100% out tech action illegally mixing rundowns
- Golden Age of Tech — forced Auditors to retrain at their own expense
- Golden Age of OT — forced OTs to redo OT VI and VII and security checks
- Library Campaign — got vast donations for books that literally wound up in the trash
- The Basics — — forced Scientologists to repurchase all the books they already owned
But it all started with "collectible" ASI prints. Miscavige got the idea to sell the art being done for book covers of LRH's books after he lost several million dollars of LRH's money in bad oil investments. It was a scheme to recover the money he lost and replace it before LRH found out. And it totally worked (until now).
ASI was already getting paintings done for the books. They had zero intrinsic value besides the normal value of a print. Perhaps that might be $15. Maybe even $150. But ASI was soon selling them for $10,000 each, an absurd amount of money especially considering that is $10,000 was being robbed from the amounts normally available to spend on training and processing. Many people who bought prints ended up throwing them into the trash after finally realizing they were not really "collectible" because no one wanted to buy them at anywhere near the prices originally paid for them.