scientology-reviews-logo

NOTICE: This non-commercial website is NOT affiliated with the Church of Scientology (link).

homeWHERE TO GET HELP: There are now two avenues for Scientology services. Find out what to expect and what...

Most Reviewed Programs

Most Helpful Program Reviews

Reviewed by constant vigilance
"The GAT (Golden Age of Tech) invalidated auditors who were..."

Reviewed by Thoughtful
"In 2008 a friend who was at the Int base..."

Reviewed by Izhar
"This was the worst criminal activity one could expect in..."

Reviewed by Martin Padfield
"For all the pros and cons, the fact is the..."

Reviewed by Maurice
"The six month check for individuals on OT7 is a..."

"My comments are as stated above. Disconnection done by..."

"I have been invalidated and brow beat and crushed many..."

Reviewed by scientology2.0
"GAT was supposed to bring auditor training to a whole..."

Reviewed by Paul Adams
"At the end of 2007 I did a word-by-word, page-by-page..."

Reviewed by eagle
"People associate with each other, and decide to disassociate at..."

Review Detail

David Miscavige Programs
November 04, 2012    
Because there exists wide spread financial fraud and lack of results within the Church of Scientology today, the practice of Imposing Disconnection upon it's members is at an all time high. (They can't have people sharing information amongst themselves.) Long gone is any pretense that it's being done "for your own good". The current behavior of the corporate Scientology organization mandates DISCONNECTION (the severing of all ties) between mother, daughter, son, father, etc and has to be accepted OR ELSE they lose their only access to Scientology services. There are no winners on both sides of this scenario, except those who wish to see Scientology despised by the world in general, and the current leader, David Miscavige seems to have that in mind. Whether you agree or not is not important, just do your own survey.

My last comment is to those who are uninformed or new to the subject: don't judge the efficacy or value of Scientology (as an applied spiritual philosophy) against the distasteful repute of the Cult that has grown around the subject like a strangle weed of greed. They are not the same thing.
Overall rating 

Needed 

Helpful 

Reviewed by Riptide November 11, 2012
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (7)

The practice of "Disconnection" as used in the Church of Scientology

Because there exists wide spread financial fraud and lack of results within the Church of Scientology today, the practice of Imposing Disconnection upon it's members is at an all time high. (They can't have people sharing information amongst themselves.) Long gone is any pretense that it's being done "for your own good". The current behavior of the corporate Scientology organization mandates DISCONNECTION (the severing of all ties) between mother, daughter, son, father, etc and has to be accepted OR ELSE they lose their only access to Scientology services. There are no winners on both sides of this scenario, except those who wish to see Scientology despised by the world in general, and the current leader, David Miscavige seems to have that in mind. Whether you agree or not is not important, just do your own survey.

My last comment is to those who are uninformed or new to the subject: don't judge the efficacy or value of Scientology (as an applied spiritual philosophy) against the distasteful repute of the Cult that has grown around the subject like a strangle weed of greed. They are not the same thing.

Where I stand on key issues

I am a
Other
The leader of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, is a...
Suppressive person (sociopath)

Pros and Cons (optional)

Pros
The original focus of the writings that pertain to this subject by Hubbard, have purportedly enabled many people to become more empowered over the negative attributes of others in a persons life. If used in a way that is in keeping with ones personal convictions and integrity, it can be of use. HOWEVER, there is no helpful or positive application of disconnection in contemporary Scientology. The number of lives and fortunes ruined, the magnitude of broken hearts, has served to create an ever growing list of actual enemies, as a direct result of the use of this abusive policy. This issue ALONE has given the Church of Scientology, the Scientology religion, the Scientology Philosophy, and all proud people who call themselves a Scientologist a big fat permanent black eye.
Cons
The *policy* of disconnection as used in the Church of Scientology, is an intentional manipulation in order to prevent it's members from being in communication with ex-members or anyone who has been wronged, abused, defrauded, or had their human rights violated by the organization.

Hubbard wrote the "cutting of theta lines" or driving a wedge between loved ones will ALWAYS ensure a bad result. If there IS a "pro" to this policy, it is the fact that it serves as a "pedal to the metal" as the corporate cult of scientology speeds ever faster to the cliff edge, where it will soar forever into the abyss.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account