scientology-reviews-logo

NOTICE: This non-commercial website is NOT affiliated with the Church of Scientology (link).

homeWHERE TO GET HELP: There are now two avenues for Scientology services. Find out what to expect and what...

Review Detail

United States
November 11, 2012    
AOLA can be a very friendly place when you are totally on board and with the program. My experience in April, 2013 was that when, during an intensive to help me with the loss of my husband, I revealed that I had doubts and reservations about Miscavige, also that I exchanged emails with Wendy Honor and visited the Friends of LRH site. Then all was changed. The rest of the intensive was sec checking and I had a huge firefight with the auditor who would not let me take a break so I could tell my daughter, who was waiting in the parking lot for me, that I would be late. Then the MAA wanted me to stay and do 2 more intensives of sec checking. (I was living in Missouri at the time.) Between her and the D of P I was kept till 11 pm, threatened with "labeling" and harassed. Kind of a "good cop, bad cop" routine. It mattered not to these individuals that I had been a Scientologist for over 40 years and had just lost my husband, and had come to them for help. All that mattered was that I was no longer toeing the line -- that I was no longer on board, not with LRH, but with Miscavige. They don't see a difference. To them a criticism of Miscavige is totally on a par with a criticism of LRH. In 2003-4 I got good ethics handling at AO. Not sure what would have happened if I expressed criticism of Miscavige back then, but I do feel the attitudes of staff have gotten more rigid, draconian and "fundamentalist."
Overall rating 

Friendly 

Inviting 

Service 

Ethical 

Reviewed by Jenni September 19, 2014
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (5)

My Views on AOLA

AOLA can be a very friendly place when you are totally on board and with the program. My experience in April, 2013 was that when, during an intensive to help me with the loss of my husband, I revealed that I had doubts and reservations about Miscavige, also that I exchanged emails with Wendy Honor and visited the Friends of LRH site. Then all was changed. The rest of the intensive was sec checking and I had a huge firefight with the auditor who would not let me take a break so I could tell my daughter, who was waiting in the parking lot for me, that I would be late. Then the MAA wanted me to stay and do 2 more intensives of sec checking. (I was living in Missouri at the time.) Between her and the D of P I was kept till 11 pm, threatened with "labeling" and harassed. Kind of a "good cop, bad cop" routine. It mattered not to these individuals that I had been a Scientologist for over 40 years and had just lost my husband, and had come to them for help. All that mattered was that I was no longer toeing the line -- that I was no longer on board, not with LRH, but with Miscavige. They don't see a difference. To them a criticism of Miscavige is totally on a par with a criticism of LRH. In 2003-4 I got good ethics handling at AO. Not sure what would have happened if I expressed criticism of Miscavige back then, but I do feel the attitudes of staff have gotten more rigid, draconian and "fundamentalist."

Where I stand on key issues

I am a
Independent Scientologist
The leader of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, is a...
Suppressive person (sociopath)

Pros and Cons (optional)

Pros
I had mainly good experiences at AO doing the OT levels through OT IV in 2003-04 and later doing the Basics with money I had left on account in 2007-08. There were some firefights but overall I would say I got good service.
Cons
When I went for help after the death of my husband, and got an intensive, I did not get the help I expected.

Bottom line...

Recommend it to a friend?
No
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account