scientology-reviews-logo

NOTICE: This non-commercial website is NOT affiliated with the Church of Scientology (link).

homeWHERE TO GET HELP: There are now two avenues for Scientology services. Find out what to expect and what...

Review Detail

United States
October 15, 2012    
My experience at the Church of Scientology in Tampa left a lot to be desired. The auditing that I received was "ok" but I was aware at the time was strung out for the purpose of getting more money from me. This was obvious to other people who were getting services there as well, but they just went along with it anyway, since it seemed to be the only place one could get services. Happily, this is no longer the case.
Overall rating 

Friendly 

Inviting 

Service 

Ethical 

Reviewed by Riptide November 11, 2012
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (7)

Tampa Org (Church of Scientology)

My experience at the Church of Scientology in Tampa left a lot to be desired. The auditing that I received was "ok" but I was aware at the time was strung out for the purpose of getting more money from me. This was obvious to other people who were getting services there as well, but they just went along with it anyway, since it seemed to be the only place one could get services. Happily, this is no longer the case.

Where I stand on key issues

I am a
Other
The leader of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, is a...
Suppressive person (sociopath)

Pros and Cons (optional)

Pros
The main "pro" comment I can make is that I had a fairly sane experience with the person in charge of ethics after I had returned to that org after a security check in another organization.
Cons
The Director of Processing (in 2005) forgot his name, reminded me of a used car salesman. The degree of trust I had during my conversations with him would be a 1 on a scale of 1-10. (and, no he didn't miss any witholds on me)
One day while I was in the HGC waiting room, I walked up to the window to see if my auditor was ready for my session. In the room were 4 or 5 staff members. One of them was talking out loud about ME, in an alarmed tone that indicated there was something really alarming about me. Clearly, he thought there was something really serious because his voice tone was raised and he seemed angry.

This took place in a room, where folders containing details about peoples private lives and concerns were stacked up for ongoing sessions, including MY FOLDER. I had been getting auditing there for a number of months. When the group of people noticed I was standing in the doorway, aware that I was the subject of this conversation, the room went dead quiet. At least one person turned white. Discussion ceased and at least one person left the room right away. I had not idea what was so upsetting to the guy, the subject clearly was about me, and it was taking place in an organization that is supposed to be keeping details of your spiritual progress CONFIDENTIAL. This little "oops" by these staff members ERASED any sense of trust I had in the organization forever more. Not one person spoke with me about what this little conversation was about.

Bottom line...

Recommend it to a friend?
No
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account