scientology-reviews-logo

NOTICE: This non-commercial website is NOT affiliated with the Church of Scientology (link).

homeWHERE TO GET HELP: There are now two avenues for Scientology services. Find out what to expect and what...

Review Detail

Auditing Services
October 14, 2012    
My own Self Analysis was done as part of Expanded ARC S/W around 1973, and is detailed in that review. Around 1990 as Staff Courses Practical Sup in the Hollywood Guarantee Building I supervised the HQS Course for a couple of dozen new staff when it was on their training line-up, and Self Analysis was part of it. The checksheet included two lists, and they ended up averaging about 10-15 hours, co-audited. Almost all of the students had neither done nor received any auditing before.

Self Analysis is ideal for this kind of first approach. Some rudimentary TRs and theory/drilling of key auditing basics, and bang, into session! Good stuff if you're keen on Scientology.

It can also be audited from the book at home by oneself. The line that it is "not solo auditing, it is Hubbard auditing the person" is rubbish, as quite honestly, almost any Scientology procedure can effectively (but not approved by Hubbard) be solo audited if you are a good enough auditor. Still, if "solo auditing" is defined in such a way as to only include the things one is "supposed" to solo audit, then it becomes impossible by definition. Ahem. But I digress. Self Analysis is allowed solo auditing right at the beginning of Scientology, although you're not allowed to call it by that name, and you're supposed to believe that Hubbard is auditing you through the pages of the book.
Overall rating 

Applicability (hits home) 

Easy-to-do 

Wow factor 

Results 

Reviewed by Paul Adams November 12, 2012
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (47)

Good introduction to Scn auditing

My own Self Analysis was done as part of Expanded ARC S/W around 1973, and is detailed in that review. Around 1990 as Staff Courses Practical Sup in the Hollywood Guarantee Building I supervised the HQS Course for a couple of dozen new staff when it was on their training line-up, and Self Analysis was part of it. The checksheet included two lists, and they ended up averaging about 10-15 hours, co-audited. Almost all of the students had neither done nor received any auditing before.

Self Analysis is ideal for this kind of first approach. Some rudimentary TRs and theory/drilling of key auditing basics, and bang, into session! Good stuff if you're keen on Scientology.

It can also be audited from the book at home by oneself. The line that it is "not solo auditing, it is Hubbard auditing the person" is rubbish, as quite honestly, almost any Scientology procedure can effectively (but not approved by Hubbard) be solo audited if you are a good enough auditor. Still, if "solo auditing" is defined in such a way as to only include the things one is "supposed" to solo audit, then it becomes impossible by definition. Ahem. But I digress. Self Analysis is allowed solo auditing right at the beginning of Scientology, although you're not allowed to call it by that name, and you're supposed to believe that Hubbard is auditing you through the pages of the book.

Where I stand

I am a...
ex-Scientologist

Pros and Cons (optional)

Pros
Good way of getting your feet wet in auditing yourself, and no-one will call you a squirrel!
Cons
The wins can cause one to mistakenly think that Scientology as a whole is a good thing.

Bottom line...

Recommend it to a friend?
No
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account
Written by Paul Adams
December 11, 2012
I made an animated video about Self Analysis auditing. It is best seen full screen in High Definition with the captions (subtitles) and annotations turned on. [SPOILER ALERT] It includes Spock getting a Self Analysis session. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTphB7n2Z84
1 results - showing 1 - 1